A couple of days back I visited the pub city of India, Bangalore, and the first thing that grabbed my attention on my way from the airport was the essence of greenery.
Yes coming from a city like Delhi, the tall greens trees are a big respite to eyes over tired by tall buildings everywhere. Though builders too are on the way to make their money and new buildings are taking their way out, but I must admit Bangalore still epitomises a symbol of traditional India as well as a city modernizing.
I was taking a back to find colonial legacy still prevailing. I was lured by the red brick monuments, old arcade, cloisters and old European day’s churches.
I enjoyed every bit of my stay in Bangalore. What a lovely city it is and walking down its lanes, I could actually find it extremely different from the city of Delhi. No doubt both the city have number of gardens but I was awed how well maintained and secured the park were and any one can just stroll in without thinking twice.Every inner lane was connected to the main street, and any visitor could find its way back without much difficulty.
The transportation are well connected with airconditioned buses, easy cabs are available within few seconds of a call and auto rickshaws are found throughout and they run on meter system unlike Delhi. I was amazed to find food joints at every nook and corner of the city.. though I usually don’t like the sour tinge in my food but still finding variety of food joints from North Indian food joints to Chinese I had no problem eating the kind of food which I prefer.
I was overwhelmed by the entire city… though the city is a fast growing metropolis but far from that rush and speed I could find peace and tranquility in that city and this adds to another reason for me liking the city so much that I wish to visit it soon.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment