Advertising companies makes immense profit by promoting big banners and posters putting up high across main streets. Yes, and many of us get inspired and we rush for the products they promote. Few days back when I was stuck in massive traffic jam near my college at Lagpat nagar my eyes fall in banner written “save tiger only 1411 left” I was awed. I kept on looking at it numbed. Getting back home I immediately checked the Google site and was convinced that no company was fooling . But my question is this what purpose does banners like this serves?
I know it does inform the public that our national animal is in danger and will soon extinct but beside that what does banner like this convey.
I bet all of us are aware of this tragic condition about tigers but at the same time I am sure that many of us are least bothered about it, thinking that Tigers besides being mere animal just does not affect our busy schedule in any form. How many of us know that it would affect badly our ecological balance.
Indirectly we are digging out own graves.. and soon mankind itself would perish. I am also aware of the fact that we mere public actually cant help this situation in any way but , we must take advantage of the fact that in our country where sovereign power lies in our hand.
India has one of the best wildlife conservation acts, amended last on 2006… but hardly any one of them are implemented properly with the act of certainty . The main cause of such deplorable condition of our tiger are lack wildlife management. Poachers convicted are to be served for minimum 7 years.. but it hardly happens.. they are very easily left of and soon they get back poaching those lustrous tigers and tigres. It is sad to see that despite few tigers left no active action are being taken and loop holes still prevails in the administrative system.All we can do is to enforce out government to act soon before it is too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment